This is the first money making post, I’ve decided it should be on online survey jobs as it a useful way to make cash in your spare time without any financial risk. Many students and workers find doing paid surveys is a great way to make extra income in their spare time, it can be a good alternative to a part time job. You’re not going to make as much as a full time job but you do get paid reasonably well for the amount of time you invest into filling in questionnaires. In this post I will be sharing the best free survey websites as well as showing you any online survey software that might help you start your survey career.
You’ll hear much information on the internet regarding paid surveys, some say it is a waste of time and not safe. However, there are some websites which are legitimate. I will discuss which rules you should follow, the sites that are worth your time.
The process of making money through online surveys is quite simple and easy to learn, all you have to do is sign up and fill in a questionnaire (some take 2 minutes, others can take up to 30 minutes), you can easily do this from home and it allows you the flexibility to do it when you want!
Why Do Companies Pay Users For Surveys?
Companies pay for surveys for the same reason they pay focus groups, marketing. They want users opinions on how to improve their product/services. Online questionnaires allow companies to get these opinion for minimum cost and time.
How Much Do You Get Paid?
It can range from 10 cents to a few dollars depending on the site and how much time the survey takes. Usually there is a threshold to fulfill before you can withdraw any cash, it can be $50 on some sites you normally withdraw your money through Paypal. Therefore, although you are making money fast, do not expect to make a serious amount of money in a day. You can however make a serious amount of dollars in a year if you keep at it. Spencer Mitchell says on his blog that people can make up to $800 dollars a month from online data entry jobs. There are some sites which offer coupon codes or gift vouchers which can be useful if you shop at places like Amazon or other high street retailers.
Before You Begin
Make another email address just for surveys, not only does this help you keep organised but also stops any spam that you may receive from going to your main email address, I recommend using Gmail’s service as other email services such as hotmail normally receive lots of spam.
1. Sign up to multiple sites – More sites = More money
2. Never pay to become a member of a website – All the best sites are free. The ones that ask you to pay are not worth it, they ask you to pay a ridiculous amount of money to sign up and promise you large sums of money, these sites are usually scams.
3. Take your money out as soon as your reach the threshold – Do not just keep your money piling up in your account, if the company goes bust your money will go with it.
4. Do not create multiple accounts on a single site and try to answer honestly – You do not want to get banned from a site after building up some money.
5. Check your email inbox regularly – Usually the quicker you do the surveys and the more reliable you are the more surveys you will receive.
6. There are many online survey tools that can help you like Roboform to fill out forms for you (Click Here for a review of Roboform) – It can get tedious filling in the same thing over and over again, programs like Roboform can fill in the repetitive questions for you.
7. The screenout- Some sites tend to ask some questions and then all of a sudden say that you dont qualify, it can be annoying if you’ve spend a decent amount of time on the survey. The reason they do this is because they want reliable data from the questionnaires people fill in, if you answer some questions incorrectly then you are not the sort of person they want for that particular questionnaire I’ll describe the sites that use the ‘screenout’ tactic below.
8. Make sure log in to the correct website for your geographic region. Many of the websites below have both a US and EU/UK website, so google the company if the links below arent from your region.
GlobalTestMarket Surveys - This is a reliable US site that pays users by cheque. The payment threshold is $50, with a typical survey taking 15-30 mins, each survey earns you around $3-5. It usually takes a few weeks for a survey to arrive but its worth waiting as you can earn top dollar from them.
Valued Opinions - This is one of top rated sites in the US and UK and has been around for ages, it is owned by a company called Research Now. There are over 400,000 members in the UK alone. You must be over 16 to become a member. The surveys are frequent and are emailed to you as soon as they become available. The payment method is through high street vouchers or through online retailers such as Amazon, a voucher takes around 28 days to arrive from redemption. The payment threshold is $20, a typical survey takes 10-30 mins, each survey earns you around $1-5. You sometimes incur a ‘screenout’ if you answer incorrectly but the high payment rate makes up for it and the amount of surveys you receive is high – usually at least 1 a day. The company also allows you to give your rewards to charities such as Amnesty International, and also runs prize draws to win things like the Apple Ipad (although these can be hard to win).
YouGov - This is a UK site. The surveys take a short amount of time and can be quite interesting allowing you to take surveys on charities to academia. The payment threshold is £50, a typical survey takes 10-20 mins, each survey earns you 50p-£1. The only problem is that the surveys are quite infrequent with sometimes only 1 survey per month therefore achieving the payment threshold can take a while. This company normally never ‘screens’ you out.
Ciao - This is a UK site. You earn money by writing reviews for consumer products. The payment threshold is £5, how much time you want to take to review a product is up to you as you earn pennies for how helpful your review is to other users. For example , if your review was good other users can rate it ‘helpful’, every rating you get you can earn 1-2p, if 100 people like your review you can earn £1-2. It usually takes 6 weeks for the money to get to your paypal account.
MySurvey - This is a worldwide site allowing you to earn in places like the US or UK. The ‘Lightspeed Research’ company has merged with MySurvey. You can earn money through paypal or through high street vouchers such as Amazon. The payment threshold is $10, it usually takes about 30 mins per survey and you earn around 150 points per survey (1000 points = $10). There are also regular prize giveaways. You still get at least 10 points if you are ‘screened out’.
OpinionWorld - The is also a very highly rated site. It usually takes 10-15 mins to complete a survey, they are usually sent regularly. The prize draw surveys are usually a waste of time, but regular surveys earning 100 points are sent out usually 1 in every 3 surveys. Payment is pretty much instant, 1000 points = $10.
OpinionOutpost - This is a very good US site. The payment threshold is $10 and comes very quickly to your paypal account. The surveys are regular and it doesnt take long to meet the threshold. The surveys usually take 15-30 mins. You do sometimes get ‘screened out’.
Surveys - The surveys are very quick taking around 5-10 mins each. The points you receive per survey is variable depending on the questions.
Pinecone - This is probably the best survey site, unfortunately its also the hardest to become a member of, its invite only. The payment threshold is very low, its takes 15-20 mins to complete a survey and you earn around $5 per survey. Payment can be through paypal or high street vouchers.
Like This Post?
Then Like Us And Subscribe!
If you liked this post on Online job surveys then visit our home page for more posts on how to make money fast.